Saturday, May 26, 2012

Crispix

Cereal Name: Crispix

Type of Cereal: Snack Cereal

Primary Grain: Corn and Rice

Nutrition Information (based on 1-cup serving): 
            Calories: 110
            Total Fat: 0g
            Sugar: 4g
            Fiber: less than 1g
            Protein: 2g

Top Five Ingredients: Milled Corn, Rice, Sugar, Contains 2% or less of Salt,  Molasses

Review: This was the first time I had ever tasted Crispix (although I have, of course, heard of it before). This fascinatingly hexagonal fusion of corn and rice is reminiscent of Chex. However, even though it does have a similar form and function, it is not Chex, and I don't like it as much as I like Chex. The texture is gently crunchy and the flavor is good, but somehow, it's just not living up to my love of Chex (particularly Corn Chex). And I am unsure that it would be a successful substitute were it used to make Muddy Buddies. But really it's fine. Totally fine. Just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment