Sunday, June 17, 2012

Frosted Flakes

Cereal Name: Frosted Flakes (Trader Joe's)

Type of Cereal: Dessert Cereal

Primary Grain: Corn

Nutrition Information (based on 1-cup serving):
           Calories: 146.67
           Total Fat: 0g
           Sugar: 12g
           Fiber: 0g
           Protein: 2.67g

First Five (and only) Ingredients: Corn, Sugar, Glucose Syrup (Wheat and/or Corn), Barley Malt, Salt

Review: I don't buy frosted flakes, really ever. This box was purchased as a direct result of this blog. I don't know why I never purchase them. . . maybe just because if I'm going to eat a really sugary cereal, I would prefer that it was more special. And if I'm being entirely honest, I think I like regular Corn Flakes better than Frosted Flakes, and they are SO much less unhealthy (please note, I did not say more healthy).

NONETHELESS, the Frosted Flakes were very very good. Their hard sugary coating made them less vulnerable to getting soggy than regular Corn Flakes, and, um, they are a good size for fitting in one's mouth. Not likely to cause oral injury. Likely to be delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment