Saturday, May 19, 2012

Cocoa Krispies

Shown without milk. The elves had not yet arrived.
Cereal Name: Cocoa Krispies

Type of Cereal: Dessert Cereal

Primary Grain: Rice

Nutrition Information (based on 1-cup serving):
      Calories: 160
      Total Fat: 1.33g
      Sugar: 16g
      Fiber: 1.33g
      Protein: 1.33g

Top Five Ingredients: Rice, Sugar, Cocoa processed with alkali, contains 2% or less of semisweet chocolate (sugar, chocolate, dextrose), partially hydrogenated vegetable oil (coconut, soybean and/or cottonseed)

I neither cut nor shaped

Review: I had never had this cereal before last week. I bought it because it was on sale for $1.99, which is a very good cereal price (the Corn Flakes were an anomaly at $0.99). My first impression was that these krisp rices tasted not at all like chocolatey Rice Krispies, and more like very sweet chemicals. That's not to say that I didn't finish the box, because I did. But I will not be purchasing this cereal again. All in all it was fairly disappointing and I would have much rather spent my two dollars on a cup of coffee and a refill at my local coffee shop.

The best experience I had of this cereal was with soy milk, almond butter, and bananas. It was actually pretty dang tasty that way. But I would rather have had Corn Flakes. Or Chocolate Chex. Or, considering the amount of sugar and lack of nutritional value, some frozen yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment